For support with breastfeeding you can contact:
a registered lactation consultant (external link in French) - specialist lactation consultants that have an internationally recognised qualification (IBCLC); these are often midwives, but are sometimes pediatricians or nurses.
English midwife Jo Everatt is also an IBCLC lactation consultant.
- an independent midwife who offers breastfeeding support - read more about finding a midwife
- if you are a BCT member, you can contact English-speaking BCT breastfeeding counsellors - volunteer BCT members, who have been trained to give mother-to-mother support
- breastfeeding support associations such as:
- La Leche League
- international website - useful 'Resources' section
- French-language Belgian website - via this website you can currently find an English-speaking counsellor
- Dutch-language Belgian website
- Allaiment Infos - in French
- Infor-Allaitement - in French
Vereniging Begeleiding en Bevordering van Borstvoeding (VBBB) - in Dutch
The website Kellymom also offers a wealth of evidence-based information on breastfeeding (in English).